The final cooking class for the Fall Get Fit Lake Chelan program was well attended by 24 participants as Chef Tom Gormley showed us how to make great soup bases and help stay fit in the process. It was a fun filled evening with lots of laughs and information alike.
Archive | Blog RSS feed for this section
Ben Higgins, a local realtor, felt the need to check on his physical health in the Spring of 2011, and decided there were some things he wanted to do to improve it. Then the idea came to him to start a program for the Lake Chelan Valley to have everyone who wanted to participate in a “Get Fit Lake Chelan Contest”. After several conversations with some of the local citizens, he found the interest was very high.
Another fun filled evening was enjoyed by Get fit Lake Chelan Participants as Jay Witherbee shared some recipes and ideas at the November 1, 2012 Get Fit Lake Chelan cooking class.
In this cooking class, Chef Troy Nesvacil demonstrated how to deconstruct a whole King Salmon into 4 oz. portions and showcasing the best that fresh seafood has to offer. Chef Troy taught proper butchering techniques, how to prepare Troy’s Special Seasoning (low sodium), and a simple, garden fresh, organic salad to pair with the grilled salmon.
The first day for weigh in at the Lake Chelan Community Hospital for the Get fit Lake Chelan Fall 2012 Session went great! There were 74 participants that weighed in today as the fall program gets under way.
Subscribe For Updates
- Get Fit Lake Chelan Spring 2014 Events February 26, 2014
- Get Fit Lake Chelan New Weight Loss Challenge Starts February 27 February 17, 2014
- Get Fit Lake Chelan Winds up Fall Program January 14, 2014
- A Great Fall From Get Fit Lake Chelan November 10, 2013
- Get Fit Lake Chelan | 2013 Fall Opening Session September 27, 2013
- Free Sign Up At Lake Chelan Fitness September 9, 2011
- Next Bike Ride Saturday May 7th May 3, 2011
- Off And Riding April 25, 2011
- Getting Started In The Lake Chelan Get Fit Program February 2, 2012
- Heart-Healthy Valentine’s Day Tips January 31, 2012