Get fit Lake Chelan Spring Cooking Class At Fromagio’s
Timi Starkweather gave a nice cooking demonstration for the 2014 Get Fit participants this week. A great kickoff to the Spring 2014 Get Fit Lake Chelan Challenge. Here are a couple of photos and the recipe for the Black Bean Salad. Thanks Timi for the inspiration.
|Black Bean Fiesta Salad
• 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1garlic clove minced
• 112 tsp. ground cumin
• 112 tsp. ground pepper
• 119 oz. can black Beans, rinsed and drained
• 1cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
• 2 celery stalks, diced
• 1green pepper, seeded and diced
• 1red pepper, seeded and diced
• 112 red onion finely chopped
• 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic, cumin and black pepper. Add the beans, corn, celery, bell peppers and onion, toss to coat. Serve topped with cheese.Per Serving: 164 calories, 6 g total fat. 2 g saturated fat, 8 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 20 g total carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 9 g protein, 119 mg calcium.