First Friday Event Happens May 3rd
April 19, 2013, Chelan, Washington – The Historic Downtown Chelan Association (HDCA) is celebrating “Get Fit! Lake Chelan” and invites the community to join the fun of the First Friday event on May 4th from 5:00pm to 8:00pm.
First Friday Chairperson, Barb Koenig (Main Street Gallery owner) said, “Get Fit! Lake Chelan is a partnership between Lake Chelan Community Hospital and local realtor Ben Higgins. The program promotes weight loss and improved fitness in the com- munity, all at no cost to the participant. We celebrate Get Fit! Lake Chelan during our First Friday event with fun, activities, and information for people of all ages.”
“Get Fit! Lake Chelan” activities happen in Historic Downtown Chelan at storefronts along Woodin Ave. and on a cross-street, N. Emerson, that is closed to traffic for fitness demonstrations. Activities include:
- 5:00pm Music & Crafts: The Three Amigos perform in front of the Lake Chelan Historical Museum until 6:00pm and inside kids craft until 8:00pm. The Lake Chelan School District Afters Program offers a Cinco de Mayo craft in front of Swim World. The Story Lady crafts with kids and reads a story in front of Riverwalk Books.
- Kids’ Fun Fitness Circuit: Kids of all ages are invited to follow the Fun Fitness Circuit around Woodin Ave. It’s a fun way for the entire family to get the wiggles out and enjoy some exercise together.
- 5:30pm Zumba Fitness-Party: Meg and Kathy, of Chelan Dance Fitness, teach a sampling of Zumba rhythms. It’s easy to do, FREE and open to everyone!
- 6:00pm Yoga Demonstration: Students from Heartfelt Fitness demonstrate yoga poses for those who love it and those who have yet to discover it!
- 6:30pm Stretching for Athletes: Prevent injuries and enhance your performance by learning stretches specific to your sport: golf; running; biking; weight lifting; and more! Yogachelan demonstrates the right way to stretch!
- 7:00pm Seniors Dance: Linda Hollier, a physical therapist at LCCH, created choreography for members of the Lake Chelan Senior Center who prove everyone can feel young, vibrant and healthy through laughter, music and
- 5-8pm Healthy Kids’ Fun: Kids are invited to jump rope, pogo stick and hula hoop—and discover it’s fun to stay healthy. Hosted by Heartfelt Fitness.
- Art: Roberta (Peach) Simonds is the artist in action at Main Street Gallery and joining her is Vanessa Miller, a CHS sophomore drawing in pencil. Manson Options student art is displayed at participating merchants.
- Merchant Specials: Christina-Marie Wright signs her new book, Get Real Vegan Desserts, at Riverwalk Books.
Show your fitness at Local Myth Pizza and get a “Get Myth Fit” logo button. Culinary Apple’s 20% coupon is in the Lake Chelan Mirror—bring it in to save. Campbell’s Bistro features live music on Fridays from 8-10pm.
· PLUS! Community Organizations
About First Friday and NCNB: First Friday, a community event hosted by HDCA from 5—8PM the first Friday of each month from April—December, is sponsored by North Cascades National Bank. Founded in 1986, North Cascades National Bank cur- rently operates nine full service branches throughout North Central Washington. NCNB delivers highly personalized financial services to individuals and community based businesses. To participate in First Friday contact Barb Koenig, First Friday Chair, at 509.682-9262.